The Admin Dashboard is the central location for the tools used to maintain a wiki. Important special pages are listed here for easy access, and a selection of tasks are provided to help grow new communities. Wikis on the Unified Community Platform can also enable or disable Wiki Features through the Admin Dashboard.
Only Administrators, Discussions Moderators, and certain global user groups can access a wiki's Admin Dashboard.
Accessing the dashboard
There are three ways to access the Admin Dashboard:
- Clicking on the "Admin" link in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen
- Clicking the Admin Dashboard header shortcut at the top-right of the wiki
- Visiting Special:AdminDashboard manually
List of tools
The General tab provides quick links to the tools used most often. This tab is further split into three sections:
- Theme Designer — customize your wiki colors, background, and more
- Recent Changes — displays all of the changes made on your wiki in a single timeline
- Reported (UCP) — view and moderate reported content from Comments, Message Wall, and Discussions
- Top Navigation — customize the navigation menu at the top of your wiki
- Wiki Features (legacy) — enable additional features on your wiki
- CSS — customize your wiki with local CSS by editing MediaWiki:Wikia.css
- Analytics — see how fans are interacting with your wiki
- User List (legacy) — a full list of users who have participated on your wiki
- User Rights — add and remove group rights and permissions for users on your wiki
- Community Corner (legacy) — edit the Community Corner section of your wiki
- Help — find help at Help:Contents
- Announcements — create an announcement for your community
- All Categories — view all of the categories on your wiki
- Add a Page — add a new page to your wiki
- Add a Photo — upload a new image to your wiki
- Add a Video — add a new video to your wiki
- Add a Blog Post — add a new blog post to your wiki
- Multiple Photo Upload (legacy) — upload multiple images to your wiki
The Advanced tab lists most of the special pages that aren't listed on the General tab. These special pages, along with the special pages linked on the General tab, can also be found at Special:SpecialPages.
On newly-created wikis, the Admin Dashboard allows administrators to track the wiki's initial growth. The Progress module presents a series of tasks to complete, including benchmarks to reach. As tasks are completed, new tasks will be presented. If you're an admin of a new wiki and you aren't quite sure what you should be doing to grow your wiki, the Progress module can help!
None of the tasks are mandatory. They are simply guides on how to improve and grow a new wiki. Each task has a link to the relevant page where it can be completed, as well as a link to skip the task entirely. Skipped and upcoming tasks can be reviewed by clicking the progress percentage or the "See full list" link next to the percentage.
The Progress module will not appear on wikis that have completed all of the tasks. It will also not appear on wikis created before the Progress module was added.
Wikis on the legacy platform will have a table on the Admin Dashboard presenting statistics on the last week's page views, edits, and new images on the wiki. The table also has a link to the wiki's insights.
Wikis on the Unified Community Platform can activate or deactivate certain Wiki Features through a module on the Admin Dashboard. All of these are optional and can be enabled or disabled at any time.
- Europa Infobox Theme — infoboxes will follow the wiki's colors set in Theme Designer
- Require all contributors to log in — logged-out users cannot edit wiki pages or interact with social features
- Message Wall — replaces User talk pages with Message Walls
- Article Comments — allows readers to post comments at the bottom of wiki articles
- Blogs — allows users to create blog posts